NAIL TECHNICIAN JOBS AT SEA
Nail Technicians perform professional nail, hand, and foot treatments, providing guests with relaxing and therapeutic services that exceed their expectations. Candidates must possess a thorough knowledge of the nails, including a basic knowledge of hand and foot massage techniques and neat application of polish.
The ideal candidate must possess excellent cleanliness and sanitation skills as well as be willing to train in our specific nail service offerings. Excellent communication skills are required, and the candidate must be able to learn the product and service knowledge necessary to effectively promote and provide beauty solutions to meet the needs of our guests.
Entry Requirements / Qualifications
Candidates must have completed a nail technician training course and be proficient in gel extensions. A qualification in both manicures and pedicures is also required.
All Caribbean nationalities must have by the NCTVET (government) certificate/diploma.
Please fill out the following short form and submit it for consideration.
A Career as a Nail Technician
Are you a nail technician looking for a new challenge in the industry? A career onboard luxury cruise ships is an amazing opportunity to see the world and get paid for it! In this complete guide, we will give you all the information you need to know about what it is like to work as a Nail Technician on a cruise ship beauty salon. From the typical day-to-day duties to the skills required, and top tips on how to succeed in this role – we have got you covered!
Nail Technician Skills
At The London Wellness Academy, we will train and develop your existing skills in services such as Pedi-mani and develop them so you have excellent technical skills and knowledge of the latest trends and techniques in nail care. By the end of your training with us, you also be able to provide high-quality services that meet the needs of your clients while maintaining professional standards of cleanliness and sanitation at all times.
Additionally, strong communication skills are essential for working effectively with clients and other nail technicians, and members of the spa team.
Nail Salon Working Environment
As a Nail Technician, you must be flexible and adaptable, able to work in fast-paced and often stressful environments while maintaining your professionalism at all times. If you have these skills and are passionate about working in the beauty industry, then a career as a Nail Technician onboard could be the perfect choice for you!
Previous experience working with Gel products is useful, but at the London Wellness Academy, we will provide you with training on all of the nail products used onboard during your training. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the most advanced and high-quality nail products on the market. By the end of your training with us, ou will need to possess strong technical skills and a thorough knowledge of how to use these products effectively in order to provide clients with flawless, long-lasting results. This role requires excellent communication and customer service skills, as you will be working closely with clients to ensure that they are satisfied with their experience.
In addition to your technical skills, it is also important that you are able to maintain a high level of cleanliness and hygiene in your work area. This is essential in order to protect both yourself and your clients
Nail Technicians Typical Duties
- Prepare and sanitize your work area
- Prepping nails, offering clients advice on any problems or concerns they may have.
- Applying nails extensions and gel extensions
- File and shape nails
- Apply base coat, polish, and topcoat to nails
- Remove artificial/false nails
- Applying long-lasting gel/ shellac manicure and pedicure
- Offer clients add-ons of nail art
- Cleaning and massaging client’s hands and feet
- Suggest home care recommendations and aftercare products for keeping nails healthy between appointments
- Exceeding client expectations in terms of service and professionalism, while providing a high level of expertise.
- Consistently and thoroughly performing treatments in accordance with training standards given.
If you have a real interest and passion for working in the beauty industry and want to travel the world while doing what you love, then a job as a Nail Technician may be perfect for you! With strong technical skills, superb customer service abilities, and a dedication to providing your clients with quality results every time, you will be sure to succeed.
- Working as part of a salon team to provide an exceptional level of service to guests
- Being proactive in upselling nail treatments and cross-selling services available to increase revenue
- Always maintain a clean, presentable appearance.
- Be adaptable and prepared to work to a demanding schedule or up to 70hrs per week or long days
- Be able to work well under pressure and remain calm
- As a member of a team, you’ll need to be friendly and able to collaborate.
Cruise Ship Salon Nail Bar
Working in a salon nail bar, your typical day-to-day duties will involve providing nail care services to passengers. This can include anything from mani-pedis and nail art, to gel nails and acrylics.
In addition to this, you will also be responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of your workstation, as well as keeping up with stock levels.
When it comes to the skills required for this role, you should be an experienced and confident nail technician. Having excellent customer service is a must! You should also be confident in your ability to provide high-quality nail care services. As this is a hands-on role, being skilled with your hands is also important.
Working as a Nail Technician
If you are thinking about pursuing a career as a Nail Technician onboard a cruise ship, then here are our top tips for success:
– Firstly, make sure you have the relevant qualifications and experience. The London Wellness Academy will provide you with training for the branded treatments and products used onboard, as well as how we work as a brand.
– Secondly, be adaptable and prepared to work to a demanding schedule or up to 70hrs per week or long days .
– Finally, don’t forget the importance of customer service! Remember that you are working in a luxury environment and providing high-quality service is key to success in this role.
We hope that this guide has given you all the information you need to know about working as a Nail Technician onboard a cruise ship. If you have the relevant qualifications and experience, and you are prepared to work hard, then this could be the perfect career for you!
Job Placements on Cruise Ships
Successful graduates from The London Wellness Academy Nail Technician Training Program are placed into paid positions on the world’s most luxurious cruise ships. We work with the most prestigious cruise lines in the world to secure our student’s employment following their graduation.
Nail Technician Salary
Being a Nail Technician on board is like having your own business. So your earning potential is maximised by the study you do via our training programme and your performance on board. The training will give you all the tools you need to succeed and you will also gain all the skills necessary to run a business at sea or on land.
Do you have what it takes to work as a Nail Technician on board a luxury cruise ship?
This is an amazing opportunity for those who love providing their guest with the highest standard of service. In this role you are living every traveller’s dream, to travel while working in a career you love. If you think you have what it takes, go for it! It might just be one of the best decisions of your life. Bon voyage!