About Medi-Spa Physician Jobs at Sea
The Medi-Spa Physician administers cosmetic medical procedures to onboard guests. The ideal candidate must possess the clinical knowledge to administer these procedures safely and effectively as well as be able to accurately explain all aspects of products and services to guests. Excellent communication skills are required, and the candidate must be able to provide safe and effective aesthetic medical solutions to address guests’ concerns. Physicians are expected to gain the knowledge of spa services and products in effort to cross-promote these services to guests.
Candidates must hold a medical degree from a college or university listed in the International Medical Education Directory (IMED). Applicants must have a current, valid medical license to practise medicine in your country or the country where medical school was completed. A minimum of six months hands-on clinical experience is required. Strong interpersonal and communication skills along with a fluency in English required; other languages are a benefit.
All Caribbean nationalities must have by the NCTVET (government ) certificate/diploma.
Please fill out the following short form and submit for consideration.
Medi Spa Physician Jobs at Sea
London Wellness Academy hires and trains physicians from all over the world to manage their own aesthetic medical practice for OneSpaWorld spas on board some of the world’s largest and most luxurious cruise ships.
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to earn money and gain hands-on clinical experience in a growing field of medicine whilst travelling to exotic locations. Once a candidate is selected, the Academy will coordinate certification and business training prior to joining the vessel, setting you up for career success.
Working as a Medical Spa physician has become somewhat of a right of passage, preparing doctors for private practice once they elect to transition back to a career on land.
For doctors seeking employment outside their own private practice, our job opportunities offer the freedom of travel, the opportunity to save money, and the experience of clinical practice. Coupled with public speaking, business, sales, and marketing techniques, physicians have a world of benefits and a competitive edge as they build their career path.
ABOUT MEDI-SPA PHYSICIAN JOBS AT SEA
The Medi-Spa Physician administers cosmetic medical procedures to onboard guests. The ideal candidate must possess the clinical knowledge to administer these procedures safely and effectively as well as be able to accurately explain all aspects of products and services to guests.
Excellent communication skills are required, and the candidate must be able to provide safe and effective aesthetic medical solutions to address guests’ concerns. Physicians are expected to gain knowledge of spa services and products in an effort to cross-promote these services to guests.
Medi-Spa Physician Programme
London Wellness Academy provides all the training for you to become a successful Medi-Spa physician at sea prior to joining your ship. The training takes place in Miami, Florida (USA) under the direction of Dr. Brad Herman, Medical Director at OneSpaWorld and a licensed Florida physician.
During training and once on board, you will be expected to have excellent communication skills and be able to provide esthetic medical treatments safely and effectively to address the concerns of your patients. This is an exciting opportunity to meet new people every day and to learn new cultures, all whilst managing your very own aesthetic medical clinic at sea.
Successful Candidate Entry Requirements
To be considered for a Medi-Spa physician position on board a cruise ship, candidates must meet all of the following requirements:
- Must hold a medical degree from a college or university listed in the International Medical Education Directory (IMED)
- Must have a current, valid medical license to practice medicine in your country or the country where you completed medical school (does not have to be a US license)
- Minimum 6 months of hands-on clinical experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to successfully provide Medi-Spa treatments
- Ability to publicly speak and conduct presentations
- Enjoy working with people and possess a friendly and outgoing personality
- Comfortable working in a sales-oriented job (sales training will be provided)
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Must be a team player
- Basic computer knowledge
- Fluency in English is required.
Pre-requisites for Contracts
- US citizens must have a valid passport (within 6 months of expiry from contract end date).
- If you are not authorised to work in the US, you must be eligible for issue of a United States C1/D Visa (non-immigrant transit visa).
- Completion of Maritime medical exam and be declared fit to work.
- Successful completion of training course.
This job is commission-based; Medi-Spa physicians earn a percentage of all procedures performed. There is no limit to what you can earn.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Meeting new people daily
- Conducting consultations whereby you effectively inform and educate your patients about specific concerns
- Having strong, friendly follow-up necessary post-treatment with patients to ensure desired results
- Managing patients in unsupervised situations
- Developing friendly relations with the spa team and your patients
- Understanding the problems and concerns of your patients
- Recommending medical aesthetic treatments and providing outstanding guest service
- Presenting yourself professionally in front of new groups of people
- Being a patient, sympathetic listener
- Assuring compliance with standard and regulations, including company policies and medical protocols
- Being responsible for quality of work
- Maintaining complete and accurate medical records
- Maintaining inventory and keeping waste to a minimum
- Being on time for work, prompt for each appointment.
A detailed job description is available upon request.
International Medical Graduates (IMGs) are welcome to apply. This is a great opportunity to manage your own aesthetic practice at sea and build your clinical knowledge and experience — all whilst earning income and travelling the world. This is more than a clinical observership. You will gain hands-on clinical experience with patients. Also, for those applying for US residency programs, you will have sufficient time to study for your USMLE exams. At the successful completion of your contract, you will receive a Letter of Recommendation, if requested.
Travel the Globe
OneSpaWorld offers both newly qualified and experienced licensed physicians the ability to see the world whilst earning money by offering Medi-Spa treatments to many who have never experienced it before. Medi-Spa physicians currently provide the latest in cosmetic medical procedures on the world’s most prestigious cruise lines: